Professional Development Courses
Courses listed below are independent professional development courses that are open to students and professionals in architecture, landscape architecture, environmental psychology, urban design, urban planning and urban studies. If you are not from any of the fields mentioned earlier, but are interested in a course, then send me a note expressing your interest and we can work something out. Further, note that these courses are taught outside of regular university based-programs.
- Introduction to environmental psychology (in-person/web-based)
- Child-centric design and planning (in-person/web-based)
- Children’s ecologies (in-person/web-based)
- Methodology and methods in research (web-based)
- Developing a research proposal (web-based)
- One-on-one mentorship for PhD candidates (web-based)
Eligibility: You must have completed a minimum of three years of undergraduate education in your field.
For course details, fees and timelines, please write to me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building an Intergenerational Landscape in High-Rise Housing Developments (October 2022). Invited expert speaker for Pune’s Real Estate Study Group, Pune, India.
- Evidence Based Design – Outdoor and Play Space. (September 2020). Online guest lecture with New York University (NYU) Tandon School of Engineering, New York City, USA.
- Integrated Community Development: Perspectives and Contemporary Debates. (January 2017). Invited panelist for a national consultation on developing indicators for integrated community development, Apnalaya, Mumbai, India.
- Environmental Experiences of Young Children – Using environmental autobiography as a design method. (August 2016). Guest lecture at Dr. B.N. College of Architecture, Pune, India.
- Play Diversity: Guidelines for designing play environments for young children. (June 2022). Expert speaker and facilitator for faculty of Indian architecture schools at Council of Architecture – Training Research Center’s (COA-TRC) Online Training Program titled, ‘Child Psychology and Child Centric Design’, India.
- ‘Children’s Play for Architects’ and ‘State of Play-India’ (April, 2019). Facilitator for two-day training workshop for faculty of architecture from SMEF’s BRICK Group of Institutes, Pune, India.
- Research project mentorship for Ms. Richa Lamba investigating landscapes responsive to human well-being (July 2022 – Ongoing).
- Doctoral education guidance for Ms. Priya R. Khatavkar studying children’s play in urban areas from Visvesvaraya Technological University, Karnataka, India (April 2022 – Ongoing)
Prior Teaching Experience
- Adjunct Lecturer, ‘Children of New York’, Department of Children and Youth Studies, Brooklyn College, City University of New York, New York. (August 2011 – 2012).
- Assistant Kindergarten Teacher, The Child Care Center, The Graduate Center, City University of New York, New York. (August 2010 – 2011)