- Wridt, P, Atmakur-Javdekar, S., and Hart R. (2015). Spatializing children’s rights: A comparison of two case studies from urban India. Children, Youth and Environments, 25(2), 33-85.
- Atmakur-Javdekar, S. (in press). A daily practice in memories of a lived experience: Bridging Pune and New York City. Streetnotes: New York City in Transformation.
MANUSCRIPTS IN PREPARATION
- “Array of Play Diversity: Guidelines for designers and housing professionals to create play opportunities for children living in high-rise housing developments”, Publication TBD
- “Factors influencing the physical environment of young children’s play in high-rise housing developments”, Publication TBD
- “How do caregivers manage young children’s play? An insight into caregivers’ play values, attitudes, and environmental preferences”, Publication TBD
- “Where do young children in high-rise housing developments play? A critical analysis of spatial parameters and environmental play qualities across seven heterogeneous housing developments in Pune, India.” Publication TBD
- “Neoliberal analysis of middle-class housing and young children’s play”, Publication TBD
- Atmakur, S. (2012). An insight into contemporary inclusive play spaces: Report from the field [Research paper].
- Atmakur-Javdekar, S. (2021) Being active in play environments: The key to children’s health and wellbeing. Online blog series by British Educational Research Association (BERA) as part of ‘Wellbeing and being outdoors’. Retrieved from: https://www.bera.ac.uk/blog/being-active-in-play-environments-the-key-to-childrens-health-and-wellbeing
- Atmakur, S. (2013). Playgrounds of inclusion. State of The World’s Children 2013: Children with Disabilities. UNICEF. Retrieved from https://www.unicef.org/sowc2013/focus_playgrounds_of_inclusion.html
- Atmakur-Javdekar, S. (2015) Children’s play in urban areas, in Evans, B. and Horton, J. (eds) Play, recreation, health and well being, Vol. 9 of Skelton, T. (editor-in-chief) Geographies of Children and Young People (Springer Singapore)
MAGAZINE AND NEWSPAPER ARTICLES
- Atmakur-Javdekar, S. (2021, May). Rethinking young children’s play lives: Do toddlers and pre-schoolers need academic lessons and enrichment activities? Research Intelligence by British Educational Research Association, The serious side of nature, outdoor learning & play International perspectives(147), 18–19.
- Atmakur-Javdekar, S. (2022, January). Environmental psychology: Feature piece. The Kindness, 1.
- Wridt, P., (project director); Atmakur, S. (project co-director); Kimiagar, B. (project co-director); Hart, R., (principal investigator); Young Citizens Score Cards, 2016, Plan International (www.cergnyc.org/scorecards)
- Wridt, P., (project director); Atmakur-Javdekar, S. (research associate and South Asia research coordinator); Hart, R., (principal investigator); Child Friendly Places Resource Kit, 2014, Bernard Van Leer Foundation (http://www.childfriendlyplaces.org/)
- Wridt, P., (project director); Hart, R., (project director); Atmakur-Javdekar, S. (research associate); Children’s Participatory Assessment Toolkit for Transitional Learning Spaces in Emergency Contexts, 2011, UNICEF (http://cergnyc.org/2012/03/30/education- in-emergencies/)
- Atmakur, S. Shaishav’s Street and Working Children’s Post-Evaluation Report, 2016, Comic Relief.
- Atmakur-Javdekar, S. Technical Report of the Child Friendly Places Initiative – Gujarat, 2015, Shaishav and UNICEF India
- Atmakur-Javdekar, S. Critical Review of the Child Friendly Places Initiative, Mumbai and Bhavnagar Cities, 2015, Bernard van Leer Foundation.
- Wridt, P.; Atmakur-Javdekar, S. Child Friendly Places Global Evaluation Report – Global evaluation of a participatory, child rights approach to intergenerational assessment, planning and local development, 2015, Bernard van Leer Foundation.
- Atmakur, S. Shaishav’s Street and Working Children’s Impact Evaluation Report, 2014, Comic Relief.
- Atmakur, S. Shaishav’s Street and Working Children’s Pre-Evaluation Report, 2013, Comic Relief.
- Wridt, P., Atmakur, S. Children’s Participatory Assessment Toolkit for Transitional Learning Spaces in Emergency Contexts, 2012, UNICEF (Education Section)
- Wridt, P., Atmakur, S. Child Friendly Communities East Harlem, 2011, US Fund for UNICEF
- Atmakur-Javdekar, S. (2020). Young children’s play in high-rise housing: A window into the changing lives of urban Indian middle-class families in Pune metropolitan area [Doctoral Dissertation in Environmental Psychology, The Graduate Center, City University of New York]. https://academicworks.cuny.edu/gc_etds/3861
- Atmakur, S. (2010). Research in public spaces: Safety and human behavior [Masters Thesis in Landscape Architecture, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University]. https://vtechworks.lib.vt.edu/bitstream/handle/10919/31258/Atmakur_Sruthi_T_2010.pdf?sequence=2&isAllowed=y